Are you considering Invisalign for yourself or your child? Invisalign is an alternative to braces that is quickly gaining popularity. There are many reasons both adults and youth choose the Invisalign method of teeth straightening, including the comfort and invisibility of the clear plastic aligners.
But you may be wondering how much Invisalign costs and how it compares to the cost of traditional braces. This is a very common question that does not have a definitive answer. The price of Invisalign varies from place to place, practice to practice, and case by case due to a variety of factors. Here’s an idea of what to expect and why.
Average Price Range of Invisalign
At most orthodontic practices, the cost of Invisalign will fall somewhere between $3,000 and $7,000. The actual cost for an individual patient’s treatment within that range depends on a few different factors.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Invisalign
What you pay for Invisalign will most likely not be the same as what someone else might pay. This is because there are many factors affecting the cost of treatment, such as:
- Extent of the corrections needed. One factor that increases the cost of Invisalign is the extent of the orthodontic issues present and what it will take to correct them. Invisalign consists of a series of clear plastic aligners that are worn for the recommended amount of time before switching to the next. The more aligners that need to be made, the higher the total cost will be.
- Predicted length of treatment time. The longer the treatment is expected to take, the higher the cost will be to account for materials and the time the orthodontic staff spend providing your treatment.
- Level of expertise of the provider. Invisalign providers are classified based on the number of successful Invisalign treatments they have reported. An orthodontist with a lot of experience may charge more for their services. But you benefit from their expertise.
- Average cost in your area. Providers will typically set prices that are comparable with other providers in the area, so you will likely find that the average price for Invisalign where you live is pretty much the same.
- Geographic location. The cost of living in a large city will be much higher than in a small town, so where you live can affect the cost of Invisalign.
Making Invisalign Affordable
Does the cost of Invisalign concern you? If so, there are many ways to make it more affordable. If you or your child are interested in going with Invisalign, financing is available to spread the cost out over the course of treatment with smaller monthly payments that can be made to fit your budget.
You can also check with your dental insurance provider to see if you receive any benefits toward orthodontics for yourself or your dependents. Insurance sometimes pays a percentage or a lump sum toward orthodontic treatment per individual or per family.
Invisalign is Affordable at Lake Minnetonka Orthodontics
If you’re looking for an orthodontist offering Invisalign, Lake Minnetonka Orthodontics is a leading provider in the area. We have helped many patients transform their smile using the clear alternative to braces. If you want straighter teeth without the look and feel of traditional braces, Invisalign is comfortable and virtually invisible. Discreetly straighten your teeth and all anyone will notice is your brilliant smile.
Call any of our 3 convenient offices to schedule an appointment:
Or request a complimentary consultation. We look forward to helping you transform your smile.